No doubt, the Internet provides the best source of information for kids. They find a new opportunity to gain knowledge every day. They can get to know about the latest trends in music, fashion and shopping. But, the risks of the Internet are considerably higher than the benefits it provides.
Threats for Teenagers on the Internet
Here are a few pointers to explain the risks of the Internet:
- Your teen may start watching adult content or porn websites while using his/her mobile device. Such activities result in unreal sexual expectations in teenagers
- Social networking apps may result in FOMO (fear of missing out) in teenagers. Many parents fail to realize that FOMO is quite real in teenagers and may even cause depression in them
- Teenagers share their personal information on gaming sites. Abductors or strangers that are criminal minded in nature can cause harm to kids by knowing their location
- Excessive use of screens cause obesity, fatigue and severe headaches in children
How Does a Monitoring App Help Parents in Protecting Teenagers?
We need to make sure our child is exploring cyberspace in a safe manner only. For doing so, the usage of a monitoring app for parents is necessary. Instead of assuming that your child would not get involved in any digital slip-up, it is better to take appropriate action at the right time. FamilyTime is one such monitoring app that not only allows parents to get to know what type of content their child explores on the web but also enables them to ensure their teen’s safety by letting them monitoring their phone activities. Using the FamilyTime app, parents can:
- Limit their teen’s screen use
- Monitor their web history to know what kind of content your child explores online
- Check app usage frequency to determine which apps are consuming most of the time of your teenager
- Block questionable or addictive apps, including social networking and instant messaging apps
- Track text messages, call logs and contact list on their device
You can explore many more features of this monitoring app for parents by clicking the buttons below!
Additional Tips to Control Teen’s Cellphone Usage
Once you allow your teenager to have a smartphone, there is a strong chance they may end up committing digital slip-ups. But, as adults, we need to warn our kids about the threats on the Internet. Here are a few tips for parents:
- Educate your teenager about the risks of using the Internet, electronic gadgets and the digital apps
- Don’t allow them to use their mobile phones after midnight to avoid any chance of sexting
- Communicate with your child about their online activities every once in a while