Today we face increasingly frequent cases of tech addiction in teens; mainly due to the wide range and ease with which they can buy various devices. The devices that can serve multiple purposes such as smartphones and tablets etc. Of course, these technologies open up many possibilities, facilitating life today but their misuse can lead to various problems that are related to behavior and health of your teen. Their changing behaviors not only affect personal relationships but also hurt the overall performance, creating difficulty in the concentration of specific and real tasks. In addition to that, their daily activities are affected or interrupted by text message alerts, emails or social networking messages. Their habit of doing several things at the same time and compulsion to read emails and distress or anxiety about the possibility of losing “something important” decreases their ability to relax, enjoy, and to be productive. These are some of the consequences of tech addiction but not all teens who use technology have developed the addiction. The presence of some variables, such as isolation, anxiety and irritability are some of the key indicators of tech addiction in teens that generate when are not connected.
Now if you think that your teen is addicted, it is the time for you to take appropriate actions in time.
How can you prevent Tech Addiction?
Prevention of tech addiction in teens is not difficult anymore. Parental control apps such as FamilyTime offer great features that empower parents to not only manage the timings of their teens’ use of technology but help them control the right use of technology too. Have a look at the feature list of FamilyTime app to get the idea of how parental controls can help:
Monitor Device Use:
- Mirror Contacts: Mirror contacts as they appear on their teen’s phone along with additional saved details such as email, DOB, address etc.
- View Call Logs: View the call log with the date and time stamps.
- Watchlist Contacts: Watchlist any suspicious contact and be notified whenever the contact is made by either party.
- View Installed Apps: View the complete list of installed apps on their teen’s phone.
- Check App Usage Frequency: Check the app usage frequency with the total time spent on the each app.
- Monitor Internet Usage & Web-History Tracking: Track internet usage and the web-history along with the date and time stamps.
- Monitoring Bookmarks: Access the complete list of their bookmarks and favorites.
Control Activities and Device Accessibility:
- Blacklist Apps: Blacklist any of the apps you find inappropriate.
- Remotely Lock the Phone: Along with monitoring, the app lets parents have their control over their teen’s device. They can always lock their teens’ phones to restrict screen time or ensure data privacy in case of lost phones.
- Schedule Auto Locks: manage their device access time by setting up auto screen locks for a certain period of time say study time, sleep hours or dinner intervals etc.
Want to give it a try? Download it from your iTunes and Google Play Store, or in just a tap from the buttons below:
The sooner you act to prevent addiction, the less will be the deterioration of the quality of life of the teen and your family.