With laptops, smart watches, mobile devices and iPhones in their hands, teenagers get overwhelming chances of exploring their interests, the more time they spend online, the more probabilities there are for them to commit digital mistakes. The reckless behavior of teenagers paired with mobile devices and the Internet causes real dangers for your teen and that’s why more and more parents are switching towards smart parenting nowadays. The best parental apps for iPhone reduces your parental concerns to a huge extent. They allow parents to stay in touch with their teen’s online lives without having to ask several questions from their child.
What do parents usually face when their teen has an iPhone?
Parents need to realize that privacy of their teenager is not more important than their protection. There are hundreds and thousands of websites and apps available on the Internet that your teenager can download on their iPhone, not all of them are going to leave a positive impact on them. The probability of a teenager getting involved in a digital slip-up may vary from child to child. However the common digital dangers include:
- Sexting, cyberbullying, online harassment and excessive texting disorder
- Fear of missing out (FOMO) on social networking apps, suffering from inferiority or superiority complex while comparing their lives with that of their peers, posting personal information on social sites
- Interaction with strangers, online predators and abductors
- Exposure to adult content, developing addiction to hardcore pornography, committing virtual sexual acts online
- Spending unreasonable time while using screens or while playing video games online, wasting time on dating apps etc.
Considering the above-mentioned threats, being vigilant about your teen’s online life is extremely important.
The Benefits of Using Parental Apps for iPhone
The advances in technology has helped parents monitor their kids without much hassle, the digital apps for parents such as FamilyTime empowers parents to:
- Check saved contacts, call logs and SMS history
- Watchlist suspicious contacts and receive alerts when contact is made
- Monitor their teen’s web browsing history, frequently visited URLs and bookmarks to stop them from exploring adult content on the Internet
- Check the list of apps installed on their iPhones along with the usage frequency and date of installation of every app to detect which apps are addictive for teens
- Block questionable and addictive apps from their device
- Track teen’s current whereabouts by tracking their location history
- Create virtual geo-fences around particular places and receive alerts from the app every time teen leaves or enters the geo-fenced area
- Schedule auto screen locks on their child’s iPhone to regulate their screen time
- Remotely lock their device any time and from anywhere
And there is much more. FamilyTime is indeed one of the best parental apps for iPhone. Go to iTunes to get the app or click the button below to have a look at the app!