Electronic gadgets and their features are highly tempting. Not only children but adults also get addicted to screens. Considering the influence and involvement of technology in our lives in today’s world, it is certainly impossible for parents to prevent their kids from using electronic gadgets or the Internet. The dangers of the internet further increase once children step foot in their adolescent years. Taking care of your child’s needs and wishes may get problematic when they get too focused on screens, video games and the Internet. Therefore, it is important for parents to switch to digital monitoring before they allow their child to use an Android mobile device.
Android Mobile Devices and Screen Addiction
Before children have an Android mobile phone to use, they get fewer chances to use screens and the Internet while using the computers or laptops at home. But, once you buy them an Android smartphone, it becomes difficult for you to keep a track on their screen usage. Digital apps contribute greatly in tempting kids to use screens.
Android cell phones keep children deeply engaged with the digital media and social apps to such an extent that kids start neglecting all important duties and focus more and more on presenting themselves in front of the world via social networking sites. The negative influence of excessive app usage are:
- Video gaming apps are addictive. One level after another, they keep playing and often lose count of time. Teenagers who are addicted to gaming apps often lie about the time they spend while using screens.
- Social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat increase inferiority complex in teenagers because children start comparing themselves with others. They struggle to capture the perfect selfie and take stress to portray themselves as appealing as they can on social networking apps.
How to Limit App Usage Time on Your Teen’s Android Device?
Maintaining a balance between being their parents and being their acquaintance often gets difficult. It is a parent’s responsibility to keep their children away from excessive use of screens. Monitor your child’s usage digitally to ensure whether or not they use their smartphones for an unlimited period of time. To limit app usage time, parents can download the FamilyTime app.
With the help of the FamilyTime app, parents can:
- View the list of apps installed on their mobile device along with the date of installation of every app
- Check the usage frequency of every app to determine which apps are consuming more time of your teenager
- Put the questionable and addictive apps in Blacklist to block those apps from your teen’s mobile device
Want to have a quick look at the features of this app? Why not give it a try for free? You can get the trial version of the app from app store on your phone!